Friday, October 28, 2011

Heart mended.

Remember a while back when my heart was breaking because my foster dogs were moving to another foster home? The story has a nice ending.

Kassy and Kady were the two min-pin sisters. Several weeks after leaving, Kady, the smaller one, was adopted into a loving family. I had hoes the dogs would end up together, but after so long, I was happy that one had finally been adopted. Her new family loves her very much. Kady was still homeless, though.



About a month and a half later, that same family decided that one dog wasn't enough for all the love they had to share. So they adopted Kady! Now, the two sisters are reunited in a happy home, no longer moving from place to place, no longer just foster dogs. It was the best news I had heard all year.

As for me, I'll donate time and money to help animals find homes, but I realize that fostering is not for me. Even though I won't do it again, I'm so happy that I had the chance to meet those two cute and loving pups, and am grateful with the way things turned out. Now my pets get all my attention again, and I couldn't be happier.


No comments:

Post a Comment